Choosing the Artificial Intelligence concentration in a Computer Science degree program will open up the door to a number of interesting career opportunities. People who can think logically and who enjoy solving problems will do well in this program, which links computer applications with the needs of the end user to make certain tasks easier.
The field of computer science includes programming, but it is much broader in scope than that. Students enrolled in a Computer Science degree program study programming as well as a number of other subjects. This field includes elements of engineering computer applications as well as business.
Featured Top-ranked Programs
1. American InterContinental University - BIT - Software Analysis and Design
2. Strayer University - BS - Information Systems: Software Engineering Management
3. Kaplan University - BSIT - Application Development
4. Strayer Universiy - MS - Software Engineering
High school students who are considering studying Computer Science with a concentration in Artificial Intelligence at the post secondary level are encouraged to take as many math courses as they can, especially Calculus.
Taking English courses is also very important to prospective Computer Science majors. This program includes courses in writing as well as public speaking. Having good communication skills is essential to success on the job, since a graduate will need to be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and fellow team members.
Artificial Intelligence Concentration Curriculum
Students enrolled in the Artificial Intelligence concentration will take courses similar to the following:
- Expert Systems
- Pattern Recognition and Document Analysis
- Knowledge based Software Engineering
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Systems Programming and Machine Organization
- Introduction to Form Systems and Computation
- Operating Systems
- Intelligent Machines: Reasoning, Actions, and Plans
- Intelligent Systems Analysis
- Intelligent Systems Design
- Advanced Java
- Database Systems
- Human Computer Interactions
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Human Language Technologies
- Software Architecture and Design
- Implementation of Modern Operating Systems
- Probability and Statistics in Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Digital Logic and Computer Design
Career Options for an Artificial Intelligence Concentration
The Artificial Intelligence concentration g to give machines a humanlike intelligence. Once they had been equipped in this manner, the machines can perform functions assist humans in performing to hazardous and/or complicated tasks. Career choices for graduates of this program include:
- Systems Analyst
- Computer Programmer
- Database Administrator
- Research Analyst
- Artificial Intelligence Specialist
- Data Mining Coder
- Software Engineer
- Game Developer
- Data Analytics Specialist
A graduate from a Master’s or Ph.D program in Computer Science with a concentration in Artificial Intelligence can find work as a researcher or network scientist in this field.
Computer Science with a concentration in Artificial Intelligence degree holders can find work in a number of types of workplaces, including financial institutions, hospitals and corporations.
A graduate from this program may be interested in a career in an industrial setting. Robots have become a common piece of equipment in several industries, and they are used to perform tasks which are repetitive or dangerous. A person with a good understanding of Artificial Intelligence principles can help to ensure that the robots are being used effectively and appropriately, as well as design new applications for them.
Artificial Intelligence concentration grads are also hired in the telecommunications, aviation and transportation industries. They may work on developing expert systems which are used for training purposes.