Founded in 2011 by veterans of the software industry, Best Computer Science Degrees is your source for all the information that you need to get the best computer science education. Whether you are an aspiring student who is just getting started on your college journey or an experienced professional already working in computer science or a related field, we have top-notch resources that can help you choose your best degree program.
Turn to us for information on undergraduate and graduate degree programs, the facts about applying for them, and tips for financing your computer science education. We also offer advice and information about potential careers to assist you in plotting your professional course.
Here are some intriguing facts about careers in computer science:
- In 2014, computer and information research scientists earned a median annual wage of more than $108,000. That works out to roughly $52 an hour.
- Job opportunities for information security analysts are expected to increase by 18 percent between 2014 and 2024, a rate that is much faster than average.
- With firms continuing to expand their information technology networks, the need for computer network architects is growing, and individuals working in this position earned a median wage of $98,400 in 2014. That translates into an hourly wage of nearly $50 an hour.
- Some 150,000 people worked as website developers in 2014. Nearly 15 percent of these professionals were self-employed, making this a great option for entrepreneurial-minded individuals.
- In 2014, the median annual wage for computer programmers was more than $77,500.
- The demand for computer systems analysts is projected to grow by a whopping 21 percent in the decade between 2014 and 2024. This means that there will be nearly 120,000 new positions opening for people with the skills needed to get the job done.
- Nearly 1,115,000 professionals held positions as software developers in 2014. Thanks to the surging demand for software, experts expect the field to add another 185,000 positions by 2024.
Are you ready to explore the possibilities? Get started by visiting our home page or contact us here.